Exercise: Upper Back Shoulder Stretch
This exercise is a simple yet effective way to stretch your upper back and shoulder muscles.
- Begin by sitting upright in a chair, feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you, parallel with palms facing each other.
- Turn your wrists inward 90 degrees, so that your palms face outward. Then cross your right arm over your left, bringing your palms together.
- Push your arms forward, so that you basically “Round your back”. Relax your head, while tightening your stomach muscles. To hold the proper form, imagine stretching yourself up and over an exercise ball, with it tucked under your arms and against your stomach.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Relax and return to your original position.
- Repeat this exercise one more time.
Always consult your doctor before starting a fitness program, especially if you have been inactive or have any health concerns. Remember to stop if you feel any pain. If in doubt, always consult your healthcare professional.
© GSK 2010. All rights reserved.